KOZJE PILŠTANJ FOOTPATH AND LESIČNO WATER TRAIL
From the Pranger - Pillory, Ajdovska žena to the walls of the Pilštanj castle
The ancient Pilštanj square is today one of the stops on the Emma’s pilgrimage route, which connects places in Slovenia and Austria associated with St Emma. In the square, where nature and culture with a rich past shake hands, there are numerous attractions to see if you follow the Pilštanj walking trail, which takes you through the ancient Pilštanj square and is divided into three sections: the Market square trail (500 m long), the Castle trail (600 m long), the Trail to Vina Gora (3000 m long), and the Lesično water trail, linking wells and water sources, and learning about the natural and historical heritage of the area.
BASIC ROUTE INFORMATION:
- Length: 4 km (Market square trail - 500 m, the Castle trail - 600 m), the Trail to Vina Gora - 3000 m)
- Time required: 2 hours.
- Signage: information and direction signs.
- Altitude difference: 380 m above sea level. v. – the lowest point, 519 m asl. v. - the highest point
- Difficulty: suitable for the visitor with average physical abilities
- Starting point: Pilštanj square
- GPS coordinates of the start of the route: x= 540 918, y= 106 307